Ready to take the next step toward hot tub or swim spa ownership? Designing the setting of your dreams can be the best part of your experience. Follow our guide to choosing your perfect spa to discover the features that are right for you, then read on. With just a little planning, the path to hot tub or swim spa ownership can be downright fun.
DECIDE WHERE TO INSTALL YOUR SPA
DESIGN YOUR DREAM BACKYARD
If you’ve decided to place your hot tub or swim spa outdoors, you can look forward to days and nights relaxing with a view, in a backyard designed just for you. Creating your perfect backyard paradise is just as fun as picking out your spa.
It’s easy to create an inviting backyard space with plants. Whether you’re a fan of vibrant blooms or want to add calming greenery, here’s how.
- Spruce up your yard with annuals, which will add a pop of color throughout the warmer seasons. They’ll also attract butterflies and hummingbirds for you to watch as you soak.
- Create a natural privacy screen with an ivy-covered trellis, or line your yard with tall shrubs for the same effect. As a bonus, the greenery will give your space a calm, relaxed feeling.
LIGHTING AND SEATING
The right lighting and seating help create ambiance and ensure all your guests have an amazing experience, both inside the spa and outside.
- Create a space so that those who aren’t in the spa can still be in on the fun. A storage bench with cozy pillows doubles as a seating area and a place for extra towels.
- Consider the mood you want to set with your lighting. Colorful holiday lights or Tiki torches create a fun vibe, while lanterns or candles feel softer and more romantic.
There are certain sights and sounds that automatically evoke bliss. Here are a few tips to make your yard the epitome of luxury.
- Cascading water has a well-known calming effect—that’s why Jacuzzi® Hot Tubs and swim spas come with built-in waterfalls. Adding a custom waterfall or koi pond just outside your spa provides even more soothing sounds, creating a relaxed and tropical environment.
- Install a fire pit to create a warm, inviting atmosphere after dark. The flickering flames and sounds of crackling wood will improve your yard’s ambiance, whether you’re socializing with friends or enjoying a romantic evening for two.