NATURAL STRESS RELIEF
The key to maximizing relaxation and minimizing stress is learning to quiet your mind. Easy ways to relieve stress can be found in a Jacuzzi®
Most workers spend five full weeks a year dealing with distractions like alerts, messages, and other screen interruptions, affecting the brain's ability to focus. However, a relaxing environment can help your mind replenish and process information. A hot tub can help you relax, unwind, and relieve stress.
Relax the physical to calm the mental
The physical benefits of relaxing in a hot tub are key to finding ways to relieve stress naturally. Soaking in a hot tub for even 10 minutes:
- Expands blood vessels
- Improves circulation
- Reduces pain
- Stimulates the production of calming endorphins
- Increases circulation to relieve tension
- Directly relieves tension in the muscles
- Calm and quiet the mind
The key to maximizing relaxation and minimizing stress is learning to quiet your mind. Easy ways to help you shut out the noise include closing your eyes, focusing on deep, even breaths, and focusing on smiling.
And, with the addition of Jacuzzi® Aqualibrium®: the perfect combination of air and water: you can enjoy a relaxing whirlpool (the massaging pressure of the jets) in the comfort of your home.
To maximize the effects of your spa, create a routine that lets your body and mind know it's time to relax, such as dimming the lights before a specific time in the hot tub each night.
De-stress during the work day
As much as you want to, you can't be in your hot tub 24/7. You need to develop strategies to release tension and stress from your body between baths. Follow these simple tips on what to do at your desk to deal with distractions and release stress during the workday:
- Imagine yourself happy. Take a five-minute break from your computer screen to visualize yourself in your happy place, whether it's the golf course, a tropical beach, or your backyard hot tub. Close your eyes and activate as many of your senses as possible for a refreshing mini-vacation.
- Take a deep breath. In fact, take a couple. According to a Harvard study, deep breathing encourages full oxygen exchange, resulting in a slower heart rate and lower blood pressure.
- Massage your ears. Not really. Studies show that gently rubbing your ears, known as ear acupuncture, can quickly relieve stress. Massaging the middle of the upper third of the ear (known as the Shen Men point) not only releases stress, but can also increase energy.
- Squeeze a stress ball. Release the tension in your body by squeezing something in your hand. Nerves in the hand are connected to the limbic region of the brain, which controls emotions. According to the University Hospitals of Cleveland, squeezing a stress ball can even be effective in lowering blood pressure. Just make sure you hold the squeeze for a full 90 seconds.
After a particularly stressful day, shut down completely. That means no smartphone or laptop, not even TV. Instead, spend a screen-free evening with family or friends relaxing in your Jacuzzi® hot tub. That way, you’ll be relaxed and prepared to take on the world–and your office–the next morning.
Find inspiration for your dedicated hot tub space and learn more about the best time to buy a hot tub today.