L'idée d'un bain relaxant dans l'eau chaude n'est pas nouvelle. Depuis des siècles, l'hydrothérapie est un passe-temps populaire pour les gens du monde entier. Les cultures anciennes ont apprécié cette pratique tout au long de l'histoire, établissant les bienfaits de l'hydrothérapie à partir de sources thermales naturelles jusqu'à des bains construits de manière élaborée. Que ce soit pour la relaxation, la récupération ou le temps de connexion, voyez comment les jacuzzis améliorent votre vie.
LE POUVOIR DE L'HYDROMASSAGE
Hydrotherapy has a range of health benefits. The heat itself promotes circulation and speeds up removal of lactic acid, while the buoyancy of the water lifts the effects of gravity and takes the pressure off joints for pain relief.
Hydrotherapy and hydromassage can be used to relieve the symptoms of a multitude of maladies including stress, arthritis, sleeplessness, fibromyalgia, lower-back pain, post-exercise soreness, and leg cramps/restless legs syndrome.
While most people associate hot tubs with fitness and recovery, research supports the benefits of hydrotherapy for many Conditions, here’s a closer look at these afflictions and how Jacuzzi® Hot Tubs can alleviate their harmful effects:
- Stress: Stress can originate from any number of life’s facets, including money, work, family, and health. And according to a report by the Mayo Clinic, the long-term activation of the stress-response system can disrupt almost all of your body’s natural processes and put you at increased risk for numerous health problems.1 But just 10 minutes in a Jacuzzi® Hot Tub each day can dissolve stress and relieve headaches by increasing blood flow and soothing muscles.
- Lower back pain: In a 2012 survey conducted by the American Physical Therapy Association, nearly two out of every three Americans admitted to dealing with discomfort in their lower backs at one point or another. With so many individuals afflicted by this pain, it’s no wonder that the “Journal of Musculoskeletal Research” stated that hydrotherapy offers more potential benefits for those with lower-back pain, in comparison to land-based forms of exercise.
- Sleeplessness: If you suffer from bouts of sleeplessness, some time in a Jacuzzi® Hot Tub can send you to snoozeville in no time at all. According to the Better Sleep Council, immersing your body in warm water helps create healthy sleep habits by relieving tension and stimulating circulation.2 Plus, when your body is cooling down after a hot tub session, your brain receives subconscious messages suggesting that you sleep.
- Post Exercise Soreness: Spending time in the gym can work wonders for your body, but sore muscles the day following an intense session can make movement difficult.That’s why strength and performance coach Jason Lindsay recommends hydrotherapy for every athlete. “From the professional athlete to the college athlete to your weekend warrior one of the most overlooked aspects of a training program for an athlete is recovery,” explains Lindsay. “We recommend hot Epsom salt baths and submerging the body and water. …We get vasodilation and blood flow out to the tissue and recover with no impact. We also use it to build you know a stress relieving protocol…All these different things help us relieve stress improve cognitive function and be at our best.”Restless leg syndrome and leg cramps: Though there remains uncertainty as to the cause behind the unpleasant sensation that millions of people experience in their thighs, calves, and feet, one likely factor is that brain misfires signals to sensory nerves in the lower extremities. Relaxing in a Jacuzzi® Hot Tub prior to sleeping can diminish those feelings and while putting your muscles at ease.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a condition that stiffens joints and causes pain for roughly 350 million people on the planet. Heated hydrotherapy, however—such as is offered in a Jacuzzi® Hot Tub—has been proven to reduce pain levels in those with arthritis by opening blood vessels, increasing range of movement, and promoting muscle growth.3
- Fibromyalgia: A condition that affects the entire body in myriad ways. The disorder is often associated with sweeping musculoskeletal discomfort, but can also negatively impact the mood, energy level, and sleep habits of those coping with it. The Mayo Clinic notes that warm water is effective in treating fibromyalgia, due to its ability to foster relaxation and mitigate muscle tension.4
- Spending time in your hot tub or bathtub to enjoy hydrotherapy even if you don't have health issues, can help with one thing that's good for everyone: entertainment and family time. Learn more about how hot tub hydrotherapy can help with a wide variety of conditions, from arthritis to training.
1 Source : The Mayo Clinic - Chronic Pain or Illness : Relaxation Skills
2 Source : Conseil canadien pour un meilleur sommeil – Guide pour un meilleur sommeil
3 Source : Arthritis Research UK – Comment l'hydrothérapie peut-elle aider?
4 Source : Clinique Mayo – Fibromyalgie : Conseils d'autosoins
5 Source : Journal of Musculoskeletal Research – Hydrotherapy Versus Land-Based Exercises in the Management of Chronic Low Back Pain : A Comparative Study (Hydrothérapie et exercices terrestres dans la gestion de la lombalgie chronique : une étude comparative).
L'hydromassage Jacuzzi® est différent parce que nous offrons une expérience à haut débit et basse pression grâce à la formule Aqualibrium®.Lire la suite
7 EXERCICES SANS TRANSPIRATION À AJOUTER À VOTRE PROGRAMME DE MISE EN FORME
Faire de l'exercice jusqu'à ce que vous soyez couvert de sueur n'est pas le seul moyen d'améliorer votre condition physique. En savoir plus.Lire la suite
Galerie de photos
Prêt à vous inspirer? Explorez notre magnifique galerie d'images pour les idées d'installation de spas Jacuzzi® et les designs de cour arrière.Voir notre galerie