How much does a hot tub cost to operate?
You’ll probably spend more on your daily cup of coffee. Hot tub costs can differ based on climate, model, and usage, but typical monthly electrical costs are in the $10 to $20 range. Plus, when you buy a hot tub that uses quality materials and the latest technology, you’ll save on maintenance, repairs, and energy costs in the long term.
Are hot tubs difficult to maintain?
Thanks to advanced water purification and filtration systems, hot tub maintenance is easier than ever—routine tasks take just a few minutes a week. When we surveyed current owners about basic hot tub maintenance, nearly all of them said it was easy! Here’s a quick summary of how to maintain a hot tub:
- Water: Check the chemical levels weekly with test strips and adjust them by adding the appropriate products per your owner’s manual—no chemistry expertise necessary. Drain and refills are only needed every 3–4 months, based on use.
- Filter: Rinse and clean filters with a garden hose or filter flosser once per month. Replace as needed.
- Cover: Use a cover to help keep your water warm and clean. It will protect your hot tub from debris and weather elements.
Love our tub. It’s so easy to take care of!
–Jenny, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
How difficult are hot tubs to install?
Not hard at all. You need to have a proper foundation and meet any electrical requirements. Your Jacuzzi® authorized dealer will walk you through the process and connect you with an expert to install your hot tub. See what to expect in the video below.
Here are a few things you can do to ensure installation and setup goes smoothly:
- Check your HOA, city, and county rules and obtain any permits necessary.
- Decide on a foundation that supports your hot tub, ensures proper drainage, and looks good.
- Choose the perfect location, and remember to leave room for maintenance and entertaining.
- Keep our Pre-Installation Checklist handy for reference.
Will I use it enough to justify owning a hot tub?
Industry research shows that more than 76% of owners use their hot tub at least two times per week. Another survey found 98% of Jacuzzi® Brand hot tub owners would recommend purchasing one to their friends and family. Current owners will certainly tell you it’s worth it!
This was a great buy, my whole family is enjoying it. Soon it will be filled with many friends and neighbors.
–Dale, Hudsonville, MI