Filtration is an essential component in keeping any hot tub clean. And the purification process in Jacuzzi® Hot Tubs makes maintenance simple so you can spend more time enjoying your hot tub.
Here’s a look at the five different stages of the purification process in Jacuzzi® Hot Tubs:
The Five Stages of the Jacuzzi® Water Treatment Process
- The whole process starts with the ProClarity® filtration system (exclusively on J-400™ Collection models). This filter traps tiny particles that slip past the other filters, ensuring only the cleanest, clearest water in your Jacuzzi® Hot Tub.
- Next, to prevent harmful bacteria from accumulating, the ProClear® Filter (J-300™, J-LX®, and J-400™ Collections) clarifies water even when the jets aren’t powered on, giving you peace of mind when the pumps are off.
- The Surface Skimmer (present in the J-200™, J-300™, J-LX® and J-400™ Collections) works in conjunction with the ProCatch™ Filter Bag (J-300™, J-LX® and J-400™ Collections only) to gather oil, grease, and sizable bits of debris before they create a less-than-optimal environment.
- Then a pleated cartridge filter works with your hot tub’s hydromassage pump to rid your water of any remaining impurities.
- And the last line of defense when keeping your water safe is the CLEARRAY® Purification System, included standard in every Jacuzzi® Hot Tub model. This system employs pathogen-eliminating ultraviolet light to ensure a constant flow of clean, clear water. CLEARRAY® also reduces the amount of sanitizer required by your Jacuzzi® Hot Tub, making maintenance that much more effortless.
To further maintain an ideal experience in your Jacuzzi® Hot Tub, use testing strips to ensure that chlorine levels are within an acceptable range. If the chemicals drop to a dangerously low level, bacteria and other germs will have the opportunity to not only survive, but thrive. Remember to keep your Jacuzzi® Hot Tub functioning at peak performance with Jacuzzi® Genuine Parts and Accessories, available online or at your local Jacuzzi® dealership.