As a hot tub owner, your backyard is probably already your go-to relaxation spot. But what if you want to take it further than just soaking in your spa? Here are four outdoor additions to complement your hot tub and backyard:
Add More Water
Create your own oasis by installing a waterfall. Used in places known for serenity, like massage therapy rooms, the sound of a waterfall is synonymous with relaxation. Ponds, which can include waterfalls, koi fish, or other additions, can also make your backyard more attractive and inviting.
Similar to a bonfire on the beach, a fire pit can give your backyard a sense of nostalgia that can be very soothing after a long day. Whether you build a permanent outdoor fireplace or purchase a portable version, make sure to check your local ordinances before you invest as some cities limit the size and use of fire pits. Tiki torches are also a nice way to give your backyard that resort feel, as well as helping keep the bugs away.
Create a Yoga or Relaxation Area
Similar to the way your hot tub provides a variety of hydrotherapy benefits for your entire back, yoga is a great way to relax and relieve your spine of the compression it endures each day. Create a dedicated outdoor space for yoga, meditation, and other relaxation methods to give you and your family members a place to unwind each day.
Build an Outdoor Bar
Whether you’re enjoying a glass of wine with your partner or entertaining friends, an outdoor bar can make your backyard a more welcoming environment. Rather than disrupting conversation to trek back and forth from the kitchen, this outdoor addition provides that added convenience of having a fully stocked bar and glassware on hand, making entertaining more enjoyable and less stressful.
Whether you’re an award-winning orchid grower or you’re a novice gardener who can’t remember the difference between perennials and annuals, it’s easy to create an inviting backyard space with plants. From designing natural privacy to adding some vibrant colors, there are several foolproof ways of transforming your hot tub area into a garden oasis with or without a green thumb.
Your new Jacuzzi® brand hot tub is installed, the water is heated to perfection and the fresh air outside is calling your name. So, now what? The first 100 days of ownership are the perfect time to unlock all that your hot tub has to offer. If you’re wondering where to start, read the manual and test the controls first-hand to learn how your hot tub works. After that, follow these easy steps for getting the most out of your new hot tub.
A few simple accessories can make a world of difference when it comes to creating the ultimate hot tub paradise in your backyard. Get the ball rolling with these easy-to-find accessories:
☑ a towel rack and extra towels or bathrobes for keeping everyone warm, dry and comfortable
☑ a set of sturdy plastic cups and can cozies so everyone can enjoy a cold drink without the danger of broken glass
☑ a cooler or a mini-fridge close by so that ice-cold drinks are within arm’s reach
☑ cabinets or plastic garden boxes for storing accessories and other necessary supplies out of sight
☑ anti-slip mats and flip-flops to keep feet clean and safe
☑ waterproof playing cards and board games to keep everyone entertained
UPGRADE THE BACK YARD
A new hot tub is a great excuse to finally spruce up the backyard. Here are some of the most popular backyard additions for new hot tub owners:
||☑ potted plants, trellises, bushes and flowers to give the hot tub that “surrounded by nature” feeling
☑ landscape lighting, stepping stones or rock gardens to illuminate and pave the way to the hot tub
☑ a patio table, outdoor chairs, benches or bar stools to provide comfortable seating when not in the hot tub
☑ an umbrella, gazebo or awning to provide shade and shelter
||☑ extra towels and bathing suits for guests that forget theirs
☑ a bucket of flip flops for guests so they’ll know it’s time to kick off their socks and shoes and let loose
☑ a variety of cold drinks and hot tub-friendly appetizers to keep people refreshed without getting too full
☑ a great playlist to get everyone in the mood to party:
1. Jumpin’ Jack Flash – The Rolling Stones
2. The Weight – The Band
3. In the Summertime – Mango Jerry
4. I Heard it Through the Grapevine – Marvin Gaye
5. Ring of Fire – Johnny Cash
6. (Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay – Otis Redding
7. Happy Together – The Turtles
8. Joy to the World – Three Dog Night
9. California Girls – The Beach Boys
10. Under the Boardwalk – The Drifters
Be sure to check out our Facebook page for more recommendations on making the most out of your Jacuzzi® hot tub during the first 100 days of ownership.
For this summer’s neighborhood block party, consider bringing the fun from the front yard to the backyard. After all, that is where you have the perfect setup for entertaining with your hot tub area. Collaborate with your neighbors and make this year’s community party go down in the history books.
During your first 100 days as a Jacuzzi® brand hot tub owner, use your next party as an opportunity show off your new investment AND impress friends and family with your hospitality as a host. You don’t want to throw one of those parties where it seems like the host hasn’t taken the necessary prep time for food, drinks, music and activities. Hot tubs were built for entertaining, so follow this foolproof checklist for hosting the ultimate hot tub party.
|✓ GEAR FOR GUESTS
• EXTRA BATHING SUITS: Keep extra bathing suits, swim trunks or old t-shirts as backup for guests who forget their bathing gear at home. Even if some guests “forget” their bathing suits as an excuse to not get in the hot tub, once they see how much fun everyone’s having, they’ll want to jump in too.
• TOWELS: You can never have too many towels on hand, especially when you consider that guests will get in and out of the hot tub multiple times. Keep a rotation of dry towels going so that everyone stays comfortable. Your guests (as well as your floors and furniture) will thank you for it!
|✓ THINGS TO DO
• GAMES: Most of the action will be centered on your hot tub, so make sure your guests stay entertained with games that can get wet. Waterproof playing cards, floating game boards and checkers sets are always good bets, as are group games like charades.
• SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE: Although it’s a hot tub party, not everyone will be in the tub at the same time. Make sure all of your guests are comfortable and entertained (not just the ones in the tub) by providing ample seating around the tub and a variety of outdoor games.
• DRINKS: Stock up on a variety of ice cold drinks that will keep everyone refreshed. It’s a good idea to provide your guests with either cans or plastic cups to avoid any broken glass around the hot tub area. Make sure everyone stays hydrated and safe in a party atmosphere by keeping plenty of chilled water available.
• FOOD: Remember to keep food light, as most guests won’t want to be walking around in their swimsuits with a belly full of food. When you factor in a raised body temperature from the hot tub, being too full can be a recipe for discomfort. To avoid soggy crumbs, stick to serving finger foods that are easy to eat like veggies and dip, cheese plates, chicken kabobs, egg rolls and popsicles, to name a few.
|✓ SET THE MOOD
• MUSIC: Every great party needs a great soundtrack. Crowd-pleasing music is a must, so try an oldies playlist to keep everyone happy. Many Jacuzzi® hot tub models come with built in iPod docking stations that make it easy to keep the music going without getting in and out of the tub.
• LIGHTING: It’s amazing how much ambiance some soft lighting can provide, so try adding candles, lanterns or twinkling lights to your hot tub area. Many Jacuzzi® hot tubs offer LED Chromatherapy options, enabling you to select color and brightness to create the perfect atmosphere for you and your guests.
Remember, if the host isn’t having fun, the guests won’t either. Making these necessary preparations beforehand will ultimately allow you to sit back, relax and have a blast from the moment the party starts.
For more recommendations on getting the most out your Jacuzzi® hot tub during the first 100 days of ownership, please visit our blog by clicking here.
Designing a backyard to feel more like an inviting retreat that an ordinary patio is a matter of adding charismatic touches. You don’t need to go overboard or deck out your outdoor space in expensive elements to achieve this appealing environment. Enhance your hot tub area with a few of these easy tricks:
1. Create Drama
Something about a shady backyard gives off the feel of a secret garden. If you have an especially large backyard space, plant palms and willow trees for a quaint area to read a book. Meanwhile, if your patio is on the smaller side, choose large-leaved plants and wrap vines around your space for a charming vibe.
2. Add Backyard Seating
Cozy outdoor sofas and bench seats piled with pillows give you the ideal area to kick back when you’re not soaking in your tub. Build a little seating area next to your tub so your guests who aren’t sitting in the spa can still with mingle with those who are in the tub. Top off the oasis with a shady umbrella and your backyard retreat is nearly complete.
3. Attract Whimsical Creatures
Create the ultimate garden space, which even wild animals can appreciate. Visits from butterflies and hummingbirds will make your backyard feel just like a jungle paradise. Plant brightly colored wild flowers, such as Mexican salvia, and set up hummingbird feeders to attract the enchanting winged ones.
4. Light it up
Twinkling lights set the mood for an inviting backyard space. Bring light to your backyard in the evenings with tiki lamps, Christmas lights, or lanterns. Also consider experimenting with large and tiny candles to create an enticing ambience for soaking in your hot tub.
Forking out a fortune on a backyard designer isn’t necessary to create an inviting outdoor space. Simply adding a few touches here and there can turn your hot tub setting into a private oasis.
When you’re looking to make your backyard party more inviting, sometimes it’s simply in the details. Instead of fretting over creating a masterfully designed landscape and installing the swankiest hot tub model on the market, consider some of our suggested gadgets. In fact, you may already have them lying around in your home. Re-purpose these gadgets and transform your BBQ from an ordinary cookout to something the neighbors will talk about for years.
When it comes to planning any hot tub party, it helps to think of your think of your new hot tub as the ultimate party guest, the center of attention that everyone simply can’t get enough of. During your first 100 days as a Jacuzzi® brand hot tub owner, show off all your new hot tub has to offer with these easy ideas for hot tub party themes.
|HOT TUB OPEN HOUSE
||Just the fact that you purchased a hot tub is a good enough reason to throw a party, so host an “Open House”-themed party that showcases your hot tub for family and friends. Grab these essentials:
• Welcome your guests with that new set of towels.
• Place a basket of flip-flops for guests so they can kick off their shoes and socks and relax.
• Put the “hot” in hot tub party with hot-themed appetizers like spicy Thai chicken skewers or jalapeño poppers. If spicy isn’t your thing, consider serving mini hot dogs.
• Provide refreshments that pack a kick of their own like habanero-infused margaritas or spiced coffee in the evening.
||What better way to watch a game with friends than in a hot tub? Gather your favorite team’s fanbase together for “Sports Night”-themed hot tub party that cheers your team to victory. Grab these essentials:
• Bring the game to you by setting up the TV outside or within range of the hot tub.
• Serve hot tub-friendly appetizers or desserts featuring the colors of your favorite team. Anything served on a stick is always a safe bet to help prevent soggy crumbs.
• For whatever sport you’re watching, get some waterproof balls to toss around during commercial breaks.
||The intimate setting of a hot tub is the perfect gathering space for your book club to discuss the book of the month. When it’s your turn to host, invite the whole group over for an evening of good friends, good conversation and lots of laughs. Grab these essentials:
• If it’s your turn to pick the book, suggest a book that’s ocean or water-themed, or maybe even something that’s on the “steamier” side.
• Try serving hot-tub friendly appetizers that match the theme of the book. If that’s too hard, serve nautical-themed snacks like grilled fish skewers or shrimp cocktails instead.
• Come up with a simple trivia game based on the book that everyone can play for prizes while in the hot tub.
|A DAY AT “THE BEACH”
||If you can’t get to the beach, bring the beach to you with a hot tub party that captures the spirit of a summer day at the beach. Grab these essentials:
• Provide your guests with colorful beach towels, sunblock and flip flops when they arrive.
• Grab beach balls for guests to toss to each other. They’re also great for decoration!
• Surround the hot tub area with sea shells and beach chairs to help set the mood.
• If you’re going for a more tropical beach theme, serve island-themed drinks like Mai Tais and Mojitos.
Be sure to check out our Facebook page for more recommendations on making the most out of your Jacuzzi® hot tub during the first 100 days of ownership.
Jacuzzi® hot tubs bring together friends and family. They provide a space to unwind, relax, and create memories. Whether you’re hosting an intimate meeting with your closest friends or catching up with your family, a hot tub offers the ideal gathering place.
However, when you’re in the market for a hot tub of your own, before making the big purchase, you need to decide if you want to soak under the stars in your backyard or in the privacy inside your own home. The following are just a few aspects to consider when choosing between an outdoor hot tub oasis and an indoor hot tub cove.
There’s no season like summer when it comes to celebrations. From Memorial Day picnics to Fourth of July barbecues, the opportunities to soak up the sun with friends and family are seemingly infinite. What’s the best way to bring a little sizzle to your summertime soirees? We have a few inspired ideas!
Can’t sneak away for a weekend retreat? Turn your backyard into a five-star destination in its own right, and you’ll have immediate access to that getaway mindset. This private-hideaway primer will help you get started.
Consider the Function
Like vacations themselves, purpose is important. Are you aiming for a social atmosphere, or do you want a tranquil escape from everyday life? Start with the function, and plan your design from there.
Find Your Inspiration
If you have a favorite destination, collect images of the hotels, attractions and amenities that speak to you most. These pictures can help guide your vision, and they’ll be invaluable tools for any landscapers and decorators you choose to hire.
Start With the Landscaping
Plants and flowers are often the best ways to evoke a sense of place. Tall grasses and bushes add natural privacy, for instance, and flower-fringed water features conjure tropical elegance. Refer to your inspiration file for the finer details; you may not be able to build a beach, but you can easily capture the surrounding landscape.
Create Outdoor Rooms
If you have the space, consider separating your backyard into distinct living areas that serve multiple functions. A shaded area can house the exterior dining room, and a bamboo-studded hideaway might be perfect for a hot tub. Luxury hotels use this technique to great effect, and the right lighting, and furniture can instantly call up that five-star atmosphere.
Designate a Spa Center
Afternoons at the spa are the hallmarks of so many getaways, so it’s only natural that you’d want to recreate that serenity in your backyard destination. A spacious whirlpool should anchor the space — think sauna meets social gathering — and the adjacent landscaping can punctuate the oasis-like atmosphere. It’s the perfect way to say bon voyage without the actual voyage.
Backyard weddings are designed to be unique, intimate and celebratory, so it’s only natural that you’d want to incorporate your hot tub into the event. Here are three ideas to spark your inspiration when wedding bells are about to ring.
Host a Pre-Ceremony Spa Retreat
After months of negotiating seating arrangements, meeting with caterers and searching for the perfect in-season flowers, you likely need a little break before you say I do. Treat your wedding party to an afternoon of pre-ceremony pampering before you head down the aisle. You can even combine the event with a light brunch and relaxing facials to truly bring home the spa atmosphere.
Use the Hot Tub as a Decorative Focal Point
No fountain on the premises? No problem. With just the right flowers and lighting, you can turn your Jacuzzi into a sparkling decoration that’s bound to add a touch of luxury to even the most laid-back affairs. Search for soft lights that glisten with movement, and keep the water bubbling for a dynamic, champagne-inspired appearance. Draping the area with natural floral arrangements is another great way to make the tub look like a work of art.
Put Together an Unforgettable Reception
Once dinner’s been devoured and the energy starts to wane, invite your closest friends for another glass of bubbly and a late-night soak. This works best if you’re going the relaxed route with your reception, but guests will appreciate the change of pace at any event. Plus, after so many hours of dancing, it’ll feel fantastic to kick off those dress shoes and unwind for a while.
For more ideas and to browse the perfect hot tubs and accessories for your big day, download our free brochure.